- What this Policy Describes
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites www.pestnotify.com and www.pestnotifypro.com (our “Websites”);
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, or use our mobile application for iOS or Android (the “App”);
- The information stored on our servers (“Servers”), which may be located in our facilities or cloud-based (for example, Microsoft Azure), and owned by us or by a firm from whom we subscribe data storage services;
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information; and
- Your options to change, correct, or remove the information we retain about you.
- What this Policy Applies To
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites; and
- in our App; and
- in e-mail, text, and other electronic messages sent through or in connection with our Websites and our App; and
- through mobile desktop applications you download from the Websites or the Apple or Google Play stores, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Websites; and
- from controllers, sensors, or transmitters incorporated into our products, and support tickets.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, be accessible from or on our Websites.
- Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13)
Our Websites and App are not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. No one under age thirteen (13) may provide any personal information to, on, or through the Websites or App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), you are not authorized to use or provide any information on this Website or App, or on, in, or through any of their features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under thirteen (13), please contact us at [email protected].
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites or App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and App, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, the type of computer and browser being used to access the Websites, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites and App may include:
- Personal information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, the name of your employer, location tracking when you use our Websites, App, or products, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a service (the “Services”) on our Websites or App, subscribing to our Service, newsletters, or publications; posting material; and requesting product information or support. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites or App;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses, chat logs, form submissions, and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites or App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites;
- Your search queries on the Website or App;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the name of the party (the “Customer”), for example, landlord, property manager, or employer, who uses our Services pursuant to an agreement between the Customer and the Company; and/or
- Location information that identifies or describes areas or “hot spots” of pest activity and pest type, but this information will not identify specific buildings or addresses.
- Information that identifies or describes equipment owned or operated by the Customer which is to be used with or tracked by any of our Services, including models, asset names, purchase and installation dates, location, coverage areas, device programming, and images.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites or App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, and browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your access to and use of the Website or the App, including traffic data, location data, time stamps, proof of identity, a record of the functions and features of the Websites or App that you use, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Websites or App;
- Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including but not limited to the device’s unique device identifier, programming, IP address, operating system, browser type, localization information, accessibility settings, version number, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number; and/or
- Real-time information about the location of your device, including GPS coordinates, timestamp, and the activities you may perform or features you are accessing at that time and location. If you have “background location” turned on, the Websites or App may, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application. Location information can also be collected or inferred from marketing analytics tools embedded in our Websites.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. This information helps us to improve our Websites and App and to deliver better and more personalized features to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and/or
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you;
- To notify you about changes to our Websites, App, or any other products or Services we offer or provide through it;
- To provide you with access to the applicable Services;
- To provide your Customer and/or your employer with information about the state or behavior of the properties you may maintain, manage, or otherwise interact with on their behalf, including but not limited to alerts, notifications, and reports;
- To provide you with the Websites or App and its contents, and any other information, products, or Services that you request from us or that we may believe will be of interest to you;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our Websites, App, and products;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. To opt out and no longer receive communications from us, please send your request to [email protected] or by mail to the address provided in Contact Us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To our employees involved in activities related to the fulfillment of services provided as part of our Customer agreements, including your use of our Website, App, and Services. This may also include field service, engineering, and quality assurance teams who require access to information in development, debugging, or support activities;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about users of our Websites is among the assets transferred;
- Indirectly, to payment processors when you purchase products or Services through subscription renewals; we do not retain this information;
- To Customers and their authorized representatives whom you represent and owners of user accounts on our Servers to which you are registered;
- To other users of your account, if it is shared by multiple individuals; we may also provide a list of all users registered to a shared account to any user registered to that account;
- We may share information of other users in other accounts when you are registered to view information on their behalf (for example, if you are a maintainer responsible for multiple Customers);
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and/or
- If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
Information on Servers that are hosted by third parties such as Microsoft may be further subject to their privacy policies and accessible to such third parties.
- Personal Information Retention
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Websites or App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device or web browser’s privacy settings. If you block the user of location information, some parts of the Websites or App may be inaccessible or not function properly, and information required by Customers you represent will be unable to be provided to them.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product Service experience, or other transactions.
- Sale of Personal Information to a Third Party. We will never sell your Personal Information to a third party. There is no need to “opt-out.”
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account, which will result in the immediate termination of Services we provide to you. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from our Websites or App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service. Some information – for example, site surveys or other work performed on behalf of customers – may only be deleted by the account holder.
- Our Commitment to Data Security
Some of the information you provide may be stored on your computer, your mobile device, or on our Servers. The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure Servers behind firewalls. Any personal credit information used in payment transactions is not retained and is stored only, if at all, by the payment processor.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites or App, like message boards. The information you share in public areas
may be viewed by other users.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. While we wish to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” or others from illegally obtaining this information (including, for example, your personal information). Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we or the partners hosting our Services provide.
Only our employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or field service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. In addition, your Customer will also have access to this information. In addition, personally identifiable information is not shared nor displayed across accounts. The computers or Servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Third party links
- International users
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
- Right of access to your personal information: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal information, and access to the personal information and related information on that processing (e.g., the purposes of the processing, or the categories of personal information involved);
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal information corrected, as permitted by law;
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information, as permitted by law;
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances, including when the accuracy of your personal information is contested; when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information and request the restriction of the use of your personal information instead; or when you have objected to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Company override your grounds;
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible; and
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, as permitted by law.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR regarding your personal information, please contact us by email at [email protected] We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable, and in any event within the time limits prescribed by law.
- Revisions to policy
- Contacting us
Attn: Web Privacy Officer
Butte, MT 59701
E-mail: [email protected]
Last updated February 02, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Pest Notify LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Services expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect email addresses; phone numbers; business email; business phone number; current and former address; and other similar data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at [email protected]
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Log into your account settings and update your user account.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Access your account settings and update preferences.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?